Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!!

This week my mom will celebrate a milestone, on Friday Oct 7th she will turn 50! I know what you're thinking, why in the world would you tell your mothers age, she might kill you! Well its pretty easy, for one she could care less about turning 50 and the other reason? she doesn't look a day over 30 (which makes it interesting when we go anywhere together since I am 31 lol). If my sister and I go anywhere with our mom and they hear us call her "mom" the looks start, sometimes people will even comment that she can't be our mother. The best comment we have gotten to date was at the hospital a few years ago during one of Brookelyn's surgeries, we were in the cafeteria taking a break & while in the line up I called her mom and the lady behind the counter said "Did you just call her mom?", my response was "well yeah, if I call her by her name she might smack me!" lmao. The lady literally stood there staring at us, couldn't believe she was our mom!

Well she is and she is AMAZING!!! My sister and I have been extremely lucky our entire lives, our mom has been there no matter what. She has alway been our go-to person for pretty much anything and is one of our best friends. We never have to ask twice, if she can do it or be there she will be. She gives advice when we want it or just listens when we need to talk. She rarely oversteps the boundaries we have put in place in our lives (I say rarely because who of us don't at one point or another say or do something in an effort to help that sometimes offends the other person. However its rare and certainly never intentional on my mom's part, she is just trying to help).

Besides being the best mom ever, she is also the Worlds Best Nanny (we don't call her Grandma because seriously she doesn't look like a "Grandma". I hear that and picture someone in their 90s lol). My children are her entire world (as will be my sisters future kiddies), they can do no wrong in Nannys eyes which sometimes leaves me rolling my eyes lol however she is right there to sing and play with them, take them for walks and even make a fool of herself all in an effort to make them laugh (last yr dressed up as Santa & surprised them 2 days before Christmas, award for best reaction ever goes to Brookelyn :-) ). You would never know that we live in 2 different provinces separted by a 2 day car ride or an hour & a half plane ride because she comes to visit us 3-4 times a year (always choosing Christmas as one of those times because she never wants to miss out on her "babies" excitement on that special morning) and the kids light up when she is around.

So I wanted to take this time to wish you an amazing 50th birthday mom, I wish we could have surprised you and came home to celebrate at your party last week but we'll see you soon. I know you had a wonderful time and created memories to last 50 more years!!

We love you lots (to the stars & the moon)
xoxo 
Mom @ her party last wknd!

No comments:

Post a Comment