Our oldest Brookelyn was born on April 13, 2003 and in the middle of a big snow storm! We had decided not to find out what we were having but secretly I wanted a girl even though I was very adament I was having a boy, obviously I have no maternal instincts at all. My pregnancy was pretty straight forward, no real sickness at all until week 39. Then I developed Belles Palsy (BP), something I had never heard of in my life. After a trip to the hospital for a check up it was decided I would be induced so they could begin treating me for BP instead of waiting the week until my due date. Well it worked, I was induced and even though it didn't start to work until the next day, 5hrs of total labor later and Brookelyn was here!
![]() |
| Born @ 5:05pm weighing 7lbs 9oz |
From the minute Brookelyn was born we were made aware that something was sort of off. The first thing the doctor noticed was that she had an extra toe on her left foot! Thats right, she was born with 6 toes!
Finding her extra toe then led her pediatrician to do an extensive work up on her and after her bath they also noticed that she had a lump of fatty tissue on her lower back, around the tail bone area. The next day she had to undergo an ultrasound for which we were then told there was a chance she only had one kidney as well. As you can imagine all of these findings left us reeling and looking for answers. The morning we were going to take our baby girl home for the very first time we were told she would be scheduled to go to the Janeway Childrens Hospital within the next week for a full work up so that they could try and determine what caused all of these abnormalities. It was about to be a long first week home.


No comments:
Post a Comment