Thursday, 22 September 2011

Who I Am

I guess the best way to start this blog is to tell you a little about me and how I got here, how I became a mom and why I decided to start blogging. My husband Randy & I met 16yrs ago while still living in Newfoundland through mutal friends, we hit it off and he officially asked me out July 28, 1995. I was not quite 15yrs old, he was 18 1/2yrs old. Who knew that what should have been a summer thing would turn into forever :-) A few years later after I was done high school and Randy finished college we moved away from our hometown to Central Newfoundland. In August 2001 we got married and in Oct 2001 we bought our first home.

We had decided that we would wait until our first year of marriage was nearly done before starting a family and on Aug 16, 2002 just 6 days after our 1yr wedding anniversary we found out we were pregnant! We were surprised it happened so quickly yet so excited too, we couldn't wait to tell our families, this would be the first grandchild for of our families.

Our first born, a girl we named Brookelyn Abigail was born on Sunday, April 13, 2003 and thats where our adventure into parenthood began. Six years later, almost to the day, we welcomed our second child, a boy we named Hudson Michael. I will explain more about who these two amazing human beings are in another post.

I decided to start blogging for a couple of reasons. Mostly for Brookelyn and Hudson, a way to perserve memories of them and for them. They say and do SO many amazing and crazy things every day that I am finding it impossible to remember it all. This will be like a journal to them from me that will cover a variety of things. It is also a great way for me to get my thoughts down, get things off my mind and even ask for help if I am pondering specific mommy things that I am sure every parent needs help sorting out.

So there you have it, there is no promises that this blog will be anything other then honest and 100% me. But I am sure it will be entertaining, to say the least! There might be times I post daily, weekly or depending on what the day has been like, numerous times a day :-)

Hope you enjoy getting to know my family a little more with each post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment